Saturday, August 13, 2005

Making the Newspaper

I was really surprised on Thursday when our doorman stopped me to show a Chinese language newspaper. He seemed very purposeful, but I was completely oblivious to his intention, and then it struck. He had recognized an article featuring products that utilize the technology licensed by Eric's company - Bluetooth.

Bluetooth Ad

Here in bright red and green was the first article I had seen on Bluetooth in a foreign press. I knew that they existed, but this was awesome! Besides all the neat products, I was really excited to see the two characters that stand for Bluetooth in Cantonese. Apparently, unlike most translations I have seen here, these are actually the two characters that stand for "blue" and "tooth" rather than phonetic cousins.

No comments: