Friday, March 18, 2005

My "Layover"

It's a quiet Friday night in Hong Kong. I sit in my chair and catch up on a few work tasks that got away from me during the week. This week has been a crazy one (but fun one!) as Eric's mom, Teresa, and her friend, Leann, were visiting. They say that when it rains, it pours, and I think that is true for us and visitors right now. We were never confident that anyone would come visit us let alone two groups in the first two months, but we are so glad. Tomorrow, 30 hours after Terry and Leann boarded their flight back to Los Angeles International, my brother, Chris, will arrive.

The cleaning has begun. The washing. Sheets. Towels. Dishes. All the remnants of a week of fun. I hate to wash them away, but we have our pictures. Many pictures. And we have memories and stories to tell. Late night dinners. Long treks. Crazy buddhas.

But for the moment, I am going to enjoy 20 minutes of quiet before a conference call and then sleep will ensure. Eric is Beijing for a few more days. Tomorrow he sees the Great Wall of china. It should be fabulous.

No comments: