Friday, September 10, 2010

A Few Things I Love…

Less than a month in, here are a few things which I’ve found different – and thankfully so!

  • Spanish almonds. Um…hello!  I am not sure I can ever go back to California almonds!  So similar and yet so different!
  • Leisure. There is no doubt the Spaniards know a thing or two about lounging.  It’s a weak point for me but I already feel as if I can actually just sit around on the weekend and do nothing and be totally content. I am not even sure lounging is the right word because that would imply intent to relax while I think they just stay relaxed. 
  • Bank service. We have a personal banker who I go in and see daily.  Hopefully that will slow down soon, but for now it’s my morning ritual.
  • A seatbelt sign that turns off. The Spanish airlines do not keep the fasten seatbelt sign on for any longer than absolutely necessary – finally! 
  • Restaurants that care about the food. While I don’t love all the Spanish food I’ve had thus far, I do love that the places that I’ve been scant with my consumption seem genuinely concerned. 

No comments: