Thursday, April 21, 2005

Pretty Pics

There are always more photos than I want to post at once. So, here are a few of my favorites from Coimbra that I haven't published yet:

Window with Purple
An untended but beautiful window in Coimbra.

Weathered Statues
Beautiful from afar, many things were uncared for up close.

Weather Statue Watching
An angel watches over the city.

Tower and Square
Tower and courtyard.

Self portrait
Well, it may not be pretty, but this is kind of a fun self-portrait.

Roman Aquafer
Roman aquifer.

Library 2
This beautiful library stands shut up, open only to the occassional tourist willing to pay a few euros.

Library
Another view. If you look real close, you might be able to see that there is no glass on any of the shelves, simply wire, almost like what we'd call chicken wire back home. Very odd.

Cloistered Fountain
These cloistered waters house a wonderful little restaurant.

Beautiful beautiful food
My lunch said diner. I was so hungry.

Alley
The streets were beautiful.

Woman with Basket
Even with the sloping streets, this woman was able to balance her load on her head.

Crossed Skyline View
I looked up to see a skyline of crosses.

No comments: